Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Good Night

I kept the flame for thirty minutes today. 

I went to Subway for dinner and had the veggie delight. While getting my sandwich, the speaker played a song from the soundtrack of The King and the Clown, the 2007 historical/forbidden love drama that became one of the biggest films in Korean movie history. I found this ocarina version on YouTube after I came back home. If you haven't seen the movie, of course, it's meaningless, but because I saw it, the song sends chills down my spine. 

It was hard not to get thinking about history after that. I got to reading about Deokhye Ongju, the last princess of Joseon. The Wikipedia article on her is here.

Tonight, prayers for Deokhye Ongju, all sides in Ukraine, and the diver who died today inside the Sewol ferry. 

Good night from Asia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment