Sunday, August 10, 2014

Two Month Goals

Some goals... starting today. I wrote these at first as 'I will try', etc. But I rephrased them as rules. Haha, gosh. Anyway, here they are:

1. Coffee. I had been drinking five cups a day. I went cold turkey on Saturday. For bone health. Instead, two cups of green tea. Without coffee, Saturday and Sunday were pretty foggy. I want this to be a permanent habit.

2. Money. Cut my daily spending by 1/5. Keep a budget book. I want this to be a permanent habit.

3. Language. In order to develop foreign language skills, no speaking English or consuming English media, except where necessary, until October 11th, two months from now.

4. Food. No foods with excessive salt, sugar, or oil. I want this to be a permanent habit.

5. Religion & philosophy. (a) Vipissana meditation for twenty minutes in the morning. (b) Keeping a flame on behalf of the world for ten minutes every evening. (c) 'Negative premeditation' each morning. (d) One offering of incense to a god or goddess each day. I have found that keeping a flame for the whole world before you go to bed is an effective and lovely way to grow your compassion for all people. All of these things for two months.

A man asked me to marry him yesterday. He is not a native speaker of English or Korean. The word for 'nun' in Korean sounds a little like the word for 'tired'. I kept objecting, "I want to be a nun." He kept saying, "No, you won't be tired!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment